Thursday, June 13, 2013

JN - With You Around - See Me Smiling


The sun comes up and you are all over my mind

You're in my brain before I can open my eyes



"What are you talking about Mark?"
"You were caught making out with that girl from the signing." He told me.
"Stella broke up with me today." He didn't say anything for a moment on the other line.
"Is she your rebound girl? Do I have to be prepared to make statements?" God what is with everyone thinking like that? I wanted to rip his head off but I thought what Em had said.
"She is not. I do actually like her. She's the first girl to stand up to me. And I found that attractive. She's like a challenge for me." I responded calmly.
"That's good James. Someone needs to challenge you. I'm glad you found someone who does." I could tell he was sincere. It was a nice feeling. "Have a good night. Good luck tomorrow." I smiled into the phone before driving off toward home.



Hey sleepyhead! Just wanted to let you know I'm on my way. Should take about 4 hours. Good luck today!



I woke up to Emmaleigh's text. That made me smile. I glanced at the time and looked when she sent it. She would be halfway there by now. I texted her back to have a safe trip then I jumped in the shower. I was bummed not to have a text from her but reminded myself that she is driving. I continued my morning routine and took a stroll over to my good friend and neighbor Paul Martin's house for breakfast. He makes a mean omelette.
"Morning Paul." I called as I let myself into the house.
"Morning," he called from the kitchen. I could smell the bacon on the skillet.
"Smells good!" He nodded and I poured myself a glass of orange juice.
"How was the signing?" He asked.
"It was good. I met a girl."
"What about Stella?"
"She broke up with me. She did cheat on me like I expected."
"Sorry to hear that man." He set my plate of eggs and bacon in front of me. "So tell me about this new girl."
"Her name is Emmaleigh, she is 25. She works on the North Shore and does some freelance photography on the side. She is short has long brown hair and light brown eyes. I could get lost in those eyes." Paul then took a seat next to me on the counter.
"So how exactly did you meet her at the signing?"
"She called me out on my attitude." He choked on his orange juice. "I know and I was so in shock too that I couldn't explain anything to her that moment so I made Mark get her after she left." He nodded as he stuffed a piece of bacon in his mouth. "She wasn't happy but I convinced her to talk so then I took her out to dinner. She is gorgeous. I can't wait for you to meet her on Tuesday!"
"Where will she be on Tuesday?"
"Her and her uncle are attending the game so I offered to upgrade her seats. Also they coming to the locker room afterward."
"That was nice of you man." He smiled at me. I felt a vibration in my pocket and took out my phone hoping it was Em but it wasn't. Just then I heard Paul's phone beep as well. "TK?" He asked and I nodded. Too bad Em was away and couldn't attend the board game night we were having at Tyler's that evening. Paul and I finished our breakfast talking about the afternoon game we had against the Rangers. We talked about Marc Staal's injury and how it was a shame it happened. "See you down there!"
"Thanks for breakfast." I walked the short distance back to my house and continued the routine. I made sure my hair was in place before I left the house. I was in the middle of putting on my gear when I heard my phone buzz across the wooden seat.



Hey I arrived safely. I'm taking my cousins bowling so I won't be able to watch the game. I know you'll kick some butt though! :) 



A smiled appeared wide across my face when I read her text. I was bummed that she wasn't able to watch but she knew I would kick some butt! She is too cute!
"Nealer why you smiling so wide?" Team captain Sidney Crosby asked as he approached his locker next to mine. "Did Stella say something dirty?" He laughed.
"Stella broke up with me yesterday. This is Emmaleigh." I told him. "She is great! You'll get meet her Tuesday."
"Glad you got rid of Stella. She was no good for you man." I nodded not knowing why I didn't break up with her a long time ago. I texted Em back and finished getting ready for the game! The crowd was insane and we beat the rangers 3-0. Fleury now holds the records for most shutouts in the franchise



I texted her after I was showered and ready to leave. I told her we won and I really wish to see her before Tuesday. I was just waiting for Tyler to finish getting his shoes on before I followed him back to his house to set up for game night. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket.



I'll let you know because my uncle will be up for a few days. And I don't get to see him often. 



I was bummed that it wasn't a definite yes but she should spend time with her uncle. "Ready to go?" Tyler asked me. I nodded and followed him out of the locker room.



"Boardwalk!" Screamed Sidney. He was so happy now that he owned that whole side of the board. Including myself and Tyler, Marc, Sidney, Brandon and Matt were present. We were on our second game of the night. I texted Em. She should join us for the next game night!
“Come on Nealer! It’s your turn!” Sid told me. I looked where I was on the game board. I was on waterworks and needed a 12 to get through all of the property Sid owned.
“Come 12!” I exclaimed while shaking the dice in my hands. I blew on them before letting them roll onto the game board! “Alright!” I stated and made my way to GO!
“You got lucky that time.” He stated. Marc passed me $200 and I felt my phone vibrate.



Ah! I love game nights! I'm watching the Lorax with my cousins. 



I watched the Lorax with my cousins this pass Christmas. It was a good movie. I replied back to her that I really enjoyed it and was a cute movie.
“Dammit.” I heard Matt breathe. I looked up from my phone to see him land on Pennsylvania Ave.
“That would be $150." He told him with a giant grin. Matt handed over the money and frowned. Sidney was definitely going to win this game. I felt my phone buzz.



It is! Unfortunately I have to cut my trip short due the weather so I'll be back in time for your game. 



I smiled. She'll get to see me play! Well I know she's seen me play but now I can play my best for her.
"Earth to Nealer!" Marc yelled as he waved his hand in front of my face. "What has gotten into you?"
"You never looked like that when you were with Stella." Concluded Sid.
"Wait when did you and Stella break up?" Asked Matt. So I quickly told the guys about what happened. Then took my turn and finished my text to her. I hope I could see her tomorrow after the game. My phone buzzed during Brandon's turn.



I'll let you know. I'll most likely be with my uncle. Sorry :( 



I was bummed but I know she wanted to see her uncle. It made me think about my family back home and how much I missed them. I thought about Rebecca. My baby sister was growing up too fast. Thank goodness my other brothers are looking out for her! "James! Take your turn man!" This time it was Matt who yelled at me.
"This girl must have some kind of spell over you." Brandon concluded.
"She challenges me." I smiled at them and rolled a seven. "Alright Chance." I picked up the card and my face dropped. My teammates looked at me awaiting the result of my card. "Take a walk on the Boardwalk..." Was all I had to say before everyone but Sidney laughed at my misfortune.
"That will be $200 sir." He had his hand out ready to take my last two hundred dollars. We decided to call it quits soon after that because Sid was monopolizing the game!



Good morning! I'm on the road again. Following my uncle. Text you when I'm back in the burgh :)



I smiled as I read her text when I woke up. I texted her back before I started to get ready for the game. She was sweet for letting me know she was okay and back on the road. I couldn't wait to see her again. Today we were playing the Boston Bruins. They were a good tough team to play. I finished up at home and headed to the arena. There I kept checking my phone to see if Em texted me that she got home safe. I was starting to worry but then remembered she's with her Uncle and she would be fine. I checked my phone one last time before I suited up and headed onto the ice for the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment